Friday, July 21, 2017

Diary of a Teenage Jewel Thief

Almost two years ago, on a whim, I started writing a little story about a teenage jewel thief who wants out of her life of crime. It was actually, my NaNoWriMo WIP in 2015, which I only got to 13k on during November. I finished it up shortly after and began querying. A few months later, the manuscript found a home with Entangled Teen. And now, my little book baby is ready to make it's debut to the world on August 7th. In some ways, it felt like this day would never come, and in others it feels like the journey to this point happened in the blink of an eye. Soon, Jewel Thief will be out there in the world, and for now, I get to share my cover and some of the information about the book with all of you. The artists at Entangled really outdid themselves; the cover fits the book perfectly! Check it out for yourself:


What do you think? Great cover, huh?

And here's a little information about the book:

Most sixteen-year-olds shouldn’t know where museums keep their rarest jewels (the basement) and they really shouldn’t know that vans make the worst getaway cars. But for Marisol Flores, a life of jewel thievery is a birthright handed down from generation to generation, even if she didn’t ask for it. So when a rival thief targets Mari and her mother, Mari’s more than happy to flee to the anonymity of bustling New York City.

Blending in is a dream come true for Mari, but keeping her former thieving ways a secret gets way more complicated when handsome Will Campbell sets his sights on her. She can’t help but like his terrible puns and charming grin…but when her past catches up with her, it’s not only her life—and her anonymity—that’s at stake.

Will could be the next target.


Let me tell you, guys, this book was so much fun to write, and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

It's available in just a little over two weeks, on August 7th, 2017, from Entangled Teen, but it's available for pre-order now. You can also add it on Goodreads.

And if you do read the book, come back and tell me what you thought of it. I always love hearing what people think about my stories!

Happy Friday, everyone!
Love,
đŸ’•Rosie


No comments:

Post a Comment